Resources that will ease the process.
Our Mission: To advance South Carolina’s economic development by helping entrepreneurs grow successful businesses
The SC SBDC shall be recognized as the gateway and proven provider of small business assistance driving entrepreneurial growth and success.
To the state of South Carolina this means BIG business because:
State and local communities experience economic growth, reaping the benefits of SC SBDC contributions.
The SC SBDC is a partner of choice in university/public/private collaborations to grow small business and its leaders.
SC SBDC innovative tools and practices are trusted by South Carolina’s small business owners to give them a competitive advantage in a dynamic economy.
The SC SBDC is recognized as a world class team that leverages its network and resources to get economic results.
Stakeholders recognize the SC SBDC’s value and provide sustainable funding to ensure continued economic impact.
CommunityWorks is a non-profit financial organization committed to building a brighter future for underserved families and communities through financial education, lending, and investing. We envision robust and vibrant communities that offer the opportunity for financial stability and economic achievement for everyone.
You have a great idea and the motivation to pursue it, but lack the business skills and resources to get a small business off the ground. Or maybe you already own a business, but need additional business skills and financing to take your business to the next level. With a combination of business skill building resources, coaching, training, and small business loans, CommunityWorks can help you make your business dreams a reality.
Business owners that commit to partnering with CommunityWorks to develop business skills can qualify for one-on-one business coaching, business training opportunities, and may qualify for loans up to $250,000.
" Loans from CommunityWorks are available from $5,000-$250,000 for
start-ups and existing businesses, that would be great. It is unique that we
provide capital for start-ups and for low loan amounts."
- Tessa May, Community Works Resource Development and Communications Manager.
VISION: A globally competitive Upstate economy where businesses succeed and people prosper.
MISSION: To lead, convene and mobilize the business community to drive regional economic growth.
We accomplish our mission by focusing in five areas:
- Advocate for policies that promote business growth AND oppose policies that stifle growth.
- Connect businesses to clients, programs and resources that help their businesses grow.
- Develop our region’s generation of business leaders and community stakeholders.
- Advance our region by working with area partners to attract, develop and retain talent, and expand our entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- And we Include all stakeholders in initiatives that allow all citizens opportunities to share in the Upstate’s economic prosperity.